Wednesday 25 May 2016

My Favourite 'Muslimah' Brands

You may be more than aware that these days Muslimah clothing brands are mushrooming in Malaysia. I really admire these people's entrepreneurial skills which at the same time, appeal to the growing Malaysian Muslim ladies community who prefer more syariah-compliant clothing. 

I'm no exception.

And in fact, after a few years of becoming a hijabi, I have some favourites. Not all of them are that glamourous, but they sell items that fit my tastes and needs. Here they are:


1. Cattleya Couture



I love their long tunics (colourful, ironless and with pockets) and instant shawls which to me are not only pretty, but very practical (instant and ironless). After having two kids, you don't care too much about looks sometimes. What matters most is that you are able to get ready in minutes, in total chaos. 


2. Rina Salleh Clothing




Rina Salleh is a fusion of style and practicality too. But I think it's a little more fashionable than Cattleya in the sense that the style of their clothing is a bit unique. It, however, sometimes lacks the practicality (like many of their shawls are not instant and ironless and some of their tops are pocketless). 




3. Benang Hijau


Benang Hijau has almost the same vibe as Cattleya Couture but I have only recently realised that it doesn't only sell shawls, but it also has quite a good selection of tops which look quite good and practical too. But price-wise, their tops are a bit pricier than Cattleya. 



4. Love To Dress


I loveeee LTD dresses! I mean, I don't even love dresses to begin with, but their modest long-sleeve dresses are to die for! And they have options for petite people like me! Hooray! It has very neat detailing and uniquely simple designs. The only thing that stops me from buying more is because it's quite expensive and ironing the dress can be a little too laborious. More suitable for more celebratory events like weddings, graduation ceremonies, or even Raya!



5. MMBasic


This is a new favourite. I have just realised that the kurungs they sell are pretty!!! It's like not too traditional, with a simple fusion of some Western-inspired silhouettes.


There are many more good labels out there, especially more expensive ones like Duck, Kree, Aere, Jovian Mandagie, Rizalman, etc. But the five brands above are the ones that win my heart, so far, in many respects.

I'm not a fan of more mainstream Muslimah brands like Zawara, Calaqisya and Bella Ammara anymore. After buying some of their items, I realised that, generally, their styles and practicality do not exactly match my preferences.

And of course, sometimes when I like something so much, but the prices are too unreasonable for me, I would ask my tailor in Malaysia to help me 'replicate' it. She managed to replicate a skirt I love from Kree before. I'm soooo happy! It's a lot cheaper this way!!! And scarves too. After my visits to kedai kain, checking the prices of the material per metre and realising how much these brands are making money out of selling such scarves, I have also bought some kain metre myself and asked my tailor to jahit tepi. Settled!

Oh and if you wanna buy these brands, they are available on their individual websites, Modvier, and can also be bought via OPS (Official Personal Shoppers). I have just discovered about OPS these past few weeks. I knew about personal shoppers, and that they charge a bit for their service. But you do not have to pay for 'upah' with these OPS. I think the companies have officially appointed them and give them a good pay for their service. Win-win situation I guess. 

Just to be clear, I'm not a brand-oriented person. But if I don't have the time, and these brands readily sell something that is nice and convenient to wear, what more if they have a major sale, why not??

Takyah dengki2 kejayaan bisness orang lain. Let's be happy about other people's achievements and support them.

If we want to be successful like them, we should then learn from their stories. 

Wallahualam.

P/S- I am not paid by the companies mentioned, not even 1 cent. Hahaha.


0 comments:

Post a Comment